Your Personal Space is your own individual space within Customer Insights: this is the Space where, as a general rule, Dashboards or Looks that you create will be stored. (Users will typically create Dashboards or Looks in their personal space. Only Administrations can create Dashboards or Looks in the Shared space.)
We should probably note that this Space isn’t actually called “Personal Space.” Instead, the name is based on your user account first name and last name. For example, a user named Ken Myer will have a Personal Space named, well, Ken Myer:
Perhaps best of all, your personal space can truly be personal: you have the ability to determine whether or not other users can access the space, and what type of access they have. (Although this does not apply to administrators: administrators always have full access to all spaces.) By default, only you (and Customer Insights administrators) have access to your personal space. However, you can give other users access to the space by completing the following procedure:
- From your personal space, click the Settings icon and then click Manage Access.
- In the Manage Access dialog box, click Add group or user, and then click the name of the group or the individual user that you want to give access to:
- If you want to give the user or group View permissions (i.e., read-only permissions), simply click Add to add the user or group to the permissions list.
- If you want to give the user or group the Manage Access, Edit permissions (i.e., read/write permissions), click View, click Manage Access, Edit, and then click Add:
- Repeat the process as needed. When you have added all the users and groups that you want to give access to, click Save.
When you give a user access to your space, that space appears when he or she clicks on the Users space:
If you later decide to revoke access, then complete this procedure:
- From your personal space, click the Settings icon and then click Manage Access. In the Manage Access dialog box, click the Remove button (the X) next to the name of the user or group whose access is being revoked:
- Repeat the process as needed. When you have finished removing users and groups, click Save.
After access has been revoked, those users or groups will no longer see your personal space in the Users space:
As long as we’re on the subject, when clicking the Settings icon you might have noticed another option (Set as Your Default Space):
This option makes it easier for you to locate your personal space, something that can be useful in an organization with many spaces.
By default, the Shared space is the default space. That simply means that the Shared space is indicated by a pin icon:
If you choose the Set as Your Default Space option then this icon will be attached to your personal space instead:
If you’d prefer to go back to the default setting, simply click the Settings icon and then click Unset as Your Default Space.